Sharow Bells Restoration : Appeal for a Peal Help get our bells ringing! Appeal for a Peal campaign page.
- Do you love listening to the bells at St John’s?
- Have you rung St John’s bells?
- Have you used the bells to celebrate a wedding or the life of a loved one?
Sadly, the bells are silent. Toxic with pigeon guano. The bells need to be professionally cleaned and repaired.
In 2020 Sharow PCC launch the Appeal for a Peal. In 2024 it will be 200 years since the bells were cast, we are hoping to get the bells ringing so we can celebrate with a peal.
- Help raise £10,000 to restore the bells
Make a donation and help get the bells ringing!
At St John’s, please mark your donation Appeal for a Peal and place in the safe, inside the church door.
Or visit our JustGiving Appeal for a Peal campaign page.
Attend an event at St John’s in aid of Sharow Bells Restoration. Next event
- Saturday 28th May 2 – 4pm An Afternoon of Discovery Children’s I spy and a quiz, moth and wildflower identification, handbells, monuments and cake. All for a donation of £5
Local bell ringing towers can invite a member of the St John’s Bellringers to visit their tower on their practice night or Sunday service and bring cake in exchange for a donation.
For BACS donations and information about the bells please contact Bridget Taylor-Connor Tower Correspondent 07752981346 email@example.com
All donations are welcome.
- Donations of £10, for each year each bell has been in the tower, will raise a staggering £14,740. Our bells were cast in 1824 and 1871. The total number of “bell years” all 8 bells have been at St John’s is an amazing 1,474 years!
- Remember a loved one by dedicating a donation in their name.
- Club together with family, friends, neighbours to donate £1,250 to clean one bell.
- A one off donation from a benefactor would enable all the bells to be cleaned.
All donation, if requested, will be acknowledged and recorded in an
Appeal for a Peal: Sharow Bells Restoration Fund Commemorative Book
Thank you for supporting the Appeal for a Peal: St John’s Bells Restoration Fund
- Help spread the word that our bells need our help.
- Look in St John’s to see our display
Bridget Taylor-Connor St John’s Tower Correspondent