There are more than a few good reasons to visit St John’s. Thanks to funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund, the church has been made ready for the 21st century and the heritage restored and reinvigorated.
- Fully accessible car parking
- Stained glass from the likes of George Hedgeland and William Morris and Co.
- “The most beautiful churchyard in England” which has won awards for its biodiverse habitats
- A lively and varied community
- Scotland’s Astronomer Royal, Charles Piazzi Smyth, lays under a unique pyramidal monument