We have printable booking forms available which you can download using this button. Please send the completed form to Rosemary Triffitt [email protected]
i) Nave @ £25 per hour
ii) Meeting Room @ £16 per hour
iii) Kitchen @ £25 per booking (meal preparation) @ £12 per booking (drinks preparation)
i) Tables Included – 3 rectangular, 6 rounds
ii) Chairs Included
iii) Sound System @ £5 per booking
iv) Projector / screen @ £10 per booking
v) Blüthner Grand piano @ £25 per booking.
vi) Piano tuning @ £65 per booking
vii) Abbott Organ @ £25 per booking
Facility photographs and Users
Graham Gilbert Small Meeting Room
Disabled Car Park
The acoustics of the nave are excellent. These are the choirs and other groups who have used the facility over the last 18 months (up to Feb 2019)
- Ripon Choral Society with their 160 members rehearse here for 30 Wednesday nights in the year &
- …. they have held their annual summer dinner at St John’s.
- Paulinus Singers with their 40 members rehearse here for 15 Tuesday nights in the year &
- …..they also use St John’s as their ‘home’ concert venue
- Ripon International Festival concerts
- Ripon Young Musicians of The Year Competition hold their annual finals
- Northallerton Male Voice Choir &
- …. venue for their recording purposes.
- Skelldale Singers
- St Mary’s School
- Sharow C of E Primary School
- The Decibelle Singers
- Operatic group – concerts
- Sing and Rock Choir from Harrogate – concert
- 3 day art exhibition
- ‘Come and Sing the Messiah Day’ – charity occasion
- Cathedral Concert Society
- Diocesan Synod meetings
- Friends of St John’s, Sharow – 2 course hot meal for 78, followed by illustrated talk
- Joe Priestley ‘Silhouette Soldiers’ lecture
- Military Wives’ Choir
- Norwegian visiting band
- Ripon City Band
- Drip Drop Theatre
- Treble Clef choir
We offer a discounted rate for booking our meeting room which seats up to 15.
Select ‘meeting room only’ and the discount will be applied at checkout.
We can provide 80 wooden chairs and 96 portable folding chairs.
We have 6 round tables and 3 refectory tables.
St John’s is served by a new gravelled car park. We have spaces for 25 cars with 3 clearly marked disabled bays. There is an overflow car park, though this isn’t gravelled.
Access to the church is over Berrygate Lane, with level access to the church from the driveway. The central pathway has a step up with the left-hand pathways suitable for wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
This tab is currently being edited. Please use ‘How to book the Church’