Appeal for a Peal “St John’s Bells Restoration Fund: Help get our bells ringing!”
- Do you love listening to the bells at St John’s?
- Have you rung St John’s bells?
- Have you used the bells to celebrate a wedding or the life of a loved one?
Sadly, the bells are silent. Toxic with pigeon guano. The bells need to be cleaned and repairing.
- Help raise £15,000 to clean the bells
Make a donation and help get the bells ringing!
Place any donations in the safe, inside St John’s, by the church door. Please mark your donation Appeal for a Peal. For BACS donations and information about the bells contact [email protected]
- A one off donation from a benefactor would enable all the bells to be cleaned.
- Club together with family, friends, neighbours to donate £1,875 to clean a bell.
- Donations of £10, for each year each bell has been in the tower, will raise a staggering £14,740. Our bells were cast in 1824 and 1871. The total number of “bell years” all 8 bells have been at St John’s is an amazing 1,474 years!
- Remember a loved one by dedicating a donation in their name.
All donation, if requested, will be acknowledged and recorded in an
Appeal for a Peal: St John’s Bell Restoration Fund Commemorative Book
Thank you for supporting the Appeal for a Peal: St John’s Bells Restoration Fund
- Help spread the word that our bells need our help.
- Look in St John’s to see our display
Bridget Taylor-Connor St John’s Tower Correspondent
07752981346 [email protected]